The Benefits of Lean

Posted by Roxanne Chugg

The implementation of lean through trying to make value flow at the pull of the customer (Just In Time) prevents and eliminates waste in your processes.

Waste being categorized as part of the seven wastes:

All of these wastes have a direct impact on your costs, they are all non-value adding activities, steps in your processes that your customer would not be happy to pay for and add no value to the product or service that you provide.

Many studies have shown that we only add value for around 5% of the time within our business…. the remaining 95% is waste!

Imagine if you could remove that 95% wasted time and effort; what would it do for your organisation?