Within the four phases of Plan, Do, Check and Act there are 7 steps. This week we take a look at the final step in the planning phase.
During Step 4 be sure to ask and understand:
- How could this be solved?
- What are the potential actions we you take? How do others do it?
- Do you need to pilot/trial the solution to check it works before implementing it fully?
- What are the impacts of the possible solution(s)?
- What will drive or prevent the changes from happening?
Unfortunately we often find it difficult to see or recognise problems. They are hidden in the accepted or established way (the paradigm) of doing things and to discover them we have to really challenge the status quo. Here are some tools that will assist you with this step:
- Tools to use include:
- Critical examination
- Appreciative Enquiry
- 6 Thinking Hats
- Impact Analysis
- Process Mapping – to be